For me, the weekends are for recharging and recovering from the demands of the week.
Many of us lead busy lives with fitting in exercise either before or after a day’s full of work, as well as running a busy household.
I am dedicating this slice to my fellow gym-going, inspirational superhumans who are consistently performing at their peak and living their best lives. Because sometimes, you just need a good cuppa and a slice of this gorgeous sweet potato, apple and blueberry cake to recover and recharge for the week ahead.
300 grams raw sweet potato
3 free range eggs
2 Tbs honey (3tbs if you prefer sweet)
2 Tbs peanut butter
1 Tbs Vanilla extract
2 Tbs ground cinnamon
1 Tsp baking powder
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup shredded cococnut
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 cup blueberries (I used frozen)
1 large diced apple (I used Pink Lady)
Handful of chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 170Degrees. Line your baking tray with baking paper. I used a 16cm x 26cm slice tin
- In a food processor, process the sweet potato into fine pieces.
- Add the remaining ingredients (without the apple and blueberry) and combine well in the food processor. The mixture will be a bit runny and grainy. That’s fine.
- Dice the apple skin on and fold apple and blueberries and walnuts through the sweet potato mix.
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes or until golden brown (depending on how hot your oven gets, check at 35mins). Test with a wooden skewer.
- Cool it down before slicing.
Enjoy your recovery slice!