These easy vegan black bean brownies are made in less than thirty minutes, are gluten free, paleo, deliciously fudgy, and made with simple ingredients.
Let’s talk about some of the ingredients in this brownie.
Black beans are full of fibre + protein, Almond butter includes healthy fat + protein and Almond meal is a good low-carb and nutrient dense flour.
1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed.
1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup cocoa powder (the darker, the more chocolatey)
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 Tbsp melted coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a food processor blend beans, nut butter, almond meal, cocoa, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Scrape down sides as needed.
- Pour into greased 8×8 pan
- Bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.