I NEVER want my clients eating a boring, monotonous diet. Eating the same mundane food day in and day out is only going to intensify those cravings and lead you back to square one.
Life is about flavour. It’s about enjoying your meals.
This Thai Green Curry recipe is a great way to spice up your weekday meals while still eating healthy.
Green curry paste is usually spicy. You can substitute for yellow paste which is a bit more mild.
If you’re feeding kids that don’t like chilli, you can always sprinkle the chilli on your own dish when you serve.
Here’s what you need:
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp green curry paste
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1 cup chopped spinach
1 cup green beans
1 red capsicum, cut into strips
3 carrots, sliced
1 zucchini, chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp chili flakes
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1 can full fat coconut milk
4 tbsp fresh basil (chopped)
1. In a heated pan, add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Add in the curry paste and fry for 1 minute.
2. Add in chopped onion and cook for approximately 5 minutes (until translucent)
3. Add in garlic and the other tbsp of coconut oil. Then add in all of your vegetables. Add in the salt, pepper, chili flakes, coconut sugar and stir everything together. Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
4. Add in the coconut milk and let simmer for 5 minutes. Squeeze in lime and remove from the stove top.
5. Add the basil on top. I served mine with baked tofu and brown rice!